Search This Blog

12/02/2012

Purchase Power


To view a larger, more readable version, of this chart go to Cornucopia.org;
 click on the chart to enlarge.
       Money is power--politically speaking--and when I make purchases, I am channeling my money to companies that can then use that money in the political arena.  When I spend money on a product, I support the company that sells that product.  When I withhold spending on  a specific product, I withhold my support for not only the product or label, but the larger company, as well.
     Cornucopia's chart shows the amount of money different companies spent to support or oppose Prop 37, which would have require labeling of GMO’s.  Since I support GMO labeling, a concrete action I can take is to purchase organic products from companies that support my “right-to-know”.   It's a simple, effective way to make a personal statement.
     I can't compete with the millions of dollars spent to fight the labeling legislation, but I can funnel my family's grocery money to companies that support the causes we value.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment