Search This Blog

1/30/2011

Catalog Choice



       Do you feel frustrated when you take mail out of the box, only to toss it immediately into the trash or recycling bin?  I use to spend hours writing letters to dozens of individual companies imploring them to stop sending catalogs full of items I had no interest in purchasing.  A few years ago I learned about a terrific company that does all the pleading for me, consequently, unwanted catalogs seldom occupy my mailbox.
www.paperonline.org
     When an undesired catalog does arrive, I sign in to http://www.catalogchoice.org; click on the company name; fill in my address information from the catalog; and click a button to request removal from the mailing list.  It only takes a minute, and I rarely see a catalog from that company again.  If I come across a company that does not take part in Catalog Choice’s program, I am linked directly to the company's site and given instructions on the removal process. 

     They even keep track of the positive impact my decisions have made on the environment.  Over the past few years I've been able to eliminate the delivery of catalogs from over fifty companies, saving: three trees, 919 pounds of greenhouse gas, 2212 pounds of solid waste, and 326 gallons of water.   So now when I reach into my relatively empty mailbox, I contemplate those numbers; envision the undisturbed wildlife; and contentedly read my small pile of mail.
www.paperonline.org

1 comment:

  1. Thank your for informing us about catalog choice! Everyone should know about this site...

    ReplyDelete